Whilst the engine was out and the gearbox was being modified I got Steve to weld on an exhaust boss that would take the probe for my wideband lambda which would feed the ECU with a signal which it could log and also use to run in a closed loop mode and adjust itself. It also has a nice bright readout which I could mount in sight and watch what effect my mapping was having.
I drilled a hole in the collector, just after the 4-into-1 section so the probe was reading an average of each cylinder rather than just cylinder. Steve did a great job of then welding the boss in place, placing a weld all the way around the boss. I then used a round file to file out some of the weld and then cleaned the final result with some wet and dry before polishing it on my special machine (i.e. an old washing machine motor!).

 
Copyright © Webmaster